Saturday, October 16, 2010

New Toy!

I was able to finally purchase a serger yesterday and man, oh man, do I love that thing! It makes everything go so much faster and produces much more professional results. I am seriously in love with it!

Our local Green Market opened for the season today. We have been waiting all the long summer for this day. The best organic veggies, flowers, amazing lobster bisque soup and our very favorite cheese vendor are all there in one spot! Not to mention the cider donuts (yum!) In anticipation, I whipped up this market bag last night with the new serger.

It was very comfy to carry around at the market and I fit a ton of stuff in it! I actually had a compliment on it which made me happy!

You can get two out of one pillow case. I just used coordinating sheet scraps I had for the straps and of course I had to add a ruffle. I completed two in a half hour! One is for me and one is for my thrifting buddy, Karen. She is taking me to my first auction tonight and I am very excited!

I will be back to tell you what I scored at the auction (if anything).

Have a great weekend!

No comments: